PUBLIC LAW: CONSTITUTIONAL, ADMINISTRATIVE, REGULATORY
Nowadays, there is no regulatory or transactional matter that does not involve aspects directly or indirectly related to the State. We advise on issues such as applications for complex authorizations, to support in investigations and possible proceedings initiated by government agencies in multiple areas of public law (environmental, mining, electricity, water, sanitary, urban, municipal, education, health, transportation, among others), assuming an active defense against unfavorable administrative acts by questioning and / or challenging administrative sanctions or fines.
Our team has vast experience in strategic advisory in control and sanction procedures by the State Administration, with successful cases of the use of alternative mechanisms to sanction (i.e. self-reporting, compliance programs, correction of non-compliance, among others).
We also represent our clients in litigation before ordinary courts, special courts and superior courts of justice (the Most Illustrious Courts of Appeals, the Supreme Court and the Constitutional Court), as well as in special contentious-administrative proceedings. In fact, at VGC Abogados we have a wide practice in contentious-administrative proceedings, protection actions, economic protection, among others.
We also provide our services in matters of regulatory, legislative and constitutional changes, allowing our clients to identify and prevent possible risks derived from them, collaborating in eventual adjustments to their businesses or defining strategies that allow either benefiting them and/or solving controversies that arise in the public-private relationship.
Our area has lawyers with experience in recognized public agencies and with extensive experience in litigation, which allows us to provide a suitable, current and relevant advice and defense in matters of constitutional and administrative law.
Our work includes, mainly, the following:
- Advising on matters of Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Sectorial Regulations.
- Monitoring in the processing of bills and evaluation of the effects of the eventual approval of its rules and indications.
- Monitoring of legal initiatives.
- Presentations before the Contraloría General de la República and the Constitutional Court.
- Strategic support and legal defense in collaboration with other areas of the firm, in matters of general public law.
- Application of the Transparency Law.
- Training in regulatory compliance (e.g., with respect to the Climate Change Law and CMF regulations on new environmental reporting obligations for companies).
- Research in comparative public law.
- Public law reports.